New York Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
When you suffer a workplace accident, there can be a tendency to resume work as if nothing happened. Often, people feel like they can’t complain about their injury or take time off, for fear of angering their bosses. However, even the best worker in the world could have trouble performing at 100% after a workplace accident. That is why workers’ compensation exists.
Receiving workers’ compensation payments from an employer allows workers to spend time at home, resting and recuperating, with pay. That may be the theory, but many companies are reluctant to pay out in these cases. That is why it is so important to seek assistance from a New York workers’ compensation lawyer.
What Incidents Trigger Workers’ Compensation?
There are strict rules in the state of New York that define workers’ compensation. Even though employers try their best to avoid paying injured workers, in most cases, they are left with no choice. Workers who know their rights and speak to a lawyer put themselves in a great position to get compensation.
Here is a list of conditions that must be met in order for your case to fall under workers’ compensation:
- Workers are entitled to compensation if they work at a company that is covered by New York’s workers’ compensation law.
- The injury that is suffered must have taken place when you were on duty. Offduty injuries cannot be added to a workers’ compensation suit.
- The employer must receive a written evaluation regarding the incident that resulted in an injury or disability. This letter should be provided to the employer within 30 days.
What Benefits Can You Receive?
Workers who are injured while performing duties of the job are entitled to the following types of workers’ compensation:
- Workers are entitled to salary compensation. This typically ranges from two-thirds of their weekly wage to the full amount they earned before the accident.
- If there is a permanent or temporary disability, workers are provided the difference in their weekly wage from before the disability to after.
- Any medical treatment related to the accident is covered by workers’ compensation. This treatment extends to hospital stays, rehabilitation, and medicine.
- If there are any long-term injuries, such as loss of limbs or excessive scarring on the face or body, further compensation may be sought for pain and suffering.
Speak to an Experienced Workers Comp Attorney
The attorneys at David B. Lever & Associates understand the negative impact a workplace injury can have. The mental and physical trauma from an injury entitles workers to seek paid leaves of absence. Instead of forcing workers to do their jobs despite obvious injuries, a workers compensation lawyer can help you get deserved compensation. Do not let your company strong arm you into backing down in a workers’ compensation case.
If you have been involved in an accident at work, and do not know what your next step should be, contact us today.
We offer our Spanish-speaking clients bilingual legal representation.
We never collect a fee unless you successfully win compensation for your injury.
Lever Gottfried Ecker PLLC is located in White Plains, New York and serves clients throughout the state, including White Plains City’s five boroughs (The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island) as well as Westchester County, Rockland County and Long Island.
Additional Cities: Yonkers, Port Chester, Scarsdale, New Rochelle, Peekskill, Rye, Mount Kisco, Bedford, Eastchester, Mount Vernon, Mount Pleasant, Pelham, Ossining, Greenburgh, New City, Spring Valley, Pearl River.
Additional Counties: Orange County, Dutchess County, Putnam County.
Share this Image On Your Site
Copy and paste the code below and be sure to include attribution to https://www.lgelegal.com